A thoughtful oshibori idea…
You have called your guests to the table…which looks fabulous! You begin hearing all the comments being spoken as they take in the thoughtful details they see in abundance. You are ready to serve the “First Course”,
… each person is served their very own perfectly warmed and moistened Oshibori. What a treat!
I do understand how labor intensive putting ‘Thanksgiving on’ for a table of guests can be and it would be so easy not to do this, but how memorable it would be to do it! Let’s break it down into easy steps.
- Pre-fold each oshibori and place them in an oven-ready pan
- Fill a pitcher of water and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Pour the liquid over each towel with the above water mixture, just enough to moisten but not soak
- Set aside
- As you take out the last item of food from the warmed oven, slip in your pan of pre-moistened towelettes
- As your guests get themselves seated and settled in
- Someone takes a photo of the beautiful table and happy/hungry guests
- After the prayer of Thanksgiving is offered
- Have your host pull that pan of warmed Oshibori’s out of the oven
- He/She serves each guest a warmed towelette and thank each guest for coming for sharing this day