STAINS! and sometimes we don’t do anything and stains show up!
Vases Flowers can leave a residue. To remove this, mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda with warm water and soak for half-an-hour, then rinse with cold water and wipe clean.
Smoke odors Remove lingering smoky odors by placing a shallow bowl about 3/4 full of white or cider vinegar in the room where the scent is the strongest. The odor should be gone within the day.
Stickers on walls, glass, plastic or other glossy surfaces. To remove a sticker affixed to painted furniture or a painted wall, saturate the corners and sides of the sticker with; full-strength white vinegar and carefully scrape it off using a plastic card. Remove sticky remains by adding more vinegar. Let it sit for a minute or two, then wipe with a clean cloth.
Stained clay & plastic flower pots. Create a solution of 1 part white distilled vinegar and 2 parts cold water. Soak the pots until they look new, this may take an hour. Wash with soap and water.
Silver & Stainless Cleaner. Soak silverware or stainless in full strength white vinegar, rinse and dry.
Grout Cleaner. Mix: 1) 1/2 cup baking soda 2) 1/3 cup lemon juice 3) 1/4 cup vinegar 4) 7 cups of water. Fill a spray bottle. Spray and let soak for 5-10 minutes. If extra dirty, let soak longer and scrub with a stiff bristle brush.
An all-purpose cleaner. 1) 1/2 cup white vinegar 2) 1-1/2 cups water 3) 10 drops of tea tree oil. Kills bacteria and mold. Do not use on marble and travertine.
Glass Cleaner. 1) 1/4 cup white vinegar 2) 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol 3) 2 cups water 4) 1 tbsp corn starch.
Clean a wood cutting board. Wipe with full strength vinegar OR rub with a cut lemon to sanitize.
Scouring Cleaner. 1) 1/4 cup baking soda 2) 1 tbsp dish soap 3) add enough vinegar to form a paste.
Never be caught without the means to create beautiful napkin folds. The Fabulous Folds app is available for iOS and for Android.
GET THE APP TODAY & BEGIN FOLDING!
- Announcing a New Service – Shopping!
- A Place at the Table
- TGIF – Friday’s Fold
- How to build a 3D Paper House…Summer Crafts for Kids
- How-to carry 2 bottles of wine – hands free!
- July 4th table setting – time to party!
- Introducing OrganicHealthLifestyle.com
- Never too early to think about the Easter Bunny
- Top 3 Chemicals to avoid in cleaning products: ammonia, formaldehyde, sodium lauryl sulphate
- St. Patty’s Day is coming up!
- What inspires you? and what about that?
- Shibori: refresh your tired & stained cloth napkins.
- Something simple and fun
- Away! with stains
- Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!