Creating a gift bag. As we begin to gift-wrap our treasures for loved ones, sometimes there are gifts that are really a challenge to gift wrap. Think of footballs and basketballs.
I’m certain that’s one reason gift bags sell so well plus they are beautiful as well as pricey. I saw a video Dec ’15 that has gone viral (as if this article – shy of 6 million views) with this fabulous solution of creating a gift bag. What a wonderful alternative to those beautiful/pricey/gifting bags. I have captured the step-by-steps with illustrations so that we don’t forget about it once the Christmas trees come down.
Here are the instructions. The tools needed:
- heavier wrapping paper or kraft paper
- invisible tape
- single hole punch
- Cut the length as needed and fold lengthwise, in half and tape down the center.
- Fold and crease the bottom. This will be the base of the bag. Take into consideration the size of the gift, will the base be large enough for the item?
3. Using the end/paper that was just designated for the base, open it up and invert the sides into the center-fold, mimicking the illustration.
5. If needed, it might be helpful if cut a piece of cardboard the same size as the base and place that in the bottom of the bag for extra support. Next, insert your gift.
6. Roll the top of the bag to the height necessary.
7. Punch 2 holes – off-center and insert ribbon through those holes….I love this solution!!!
GET THE APP TODAY & BEGIN FOLDING!
- Maximizing your space with this napkin storage idea
- Delivering your Valentine
- Red Roses for Valentine’s Day
- Utilitarian, Healthy & the Funny side of Thanksgiving
- A thoughtful oshibori idea…
- Prepping for Thanksgiving
- Muu Muu
- Announcing a New Service – Shopping!
- A Place at the Table
- TGIF – Friday’s Fold
- How to build a 3D Paper House…Summer Crafts for Kids
- How-to carry 2 bottles of wine – hands free!
- July 4th table setting – time to party!
- Introducing OrganicHealthLifestyle.com
- Never too early to think about the Easter Bunny